Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Story Time: Monsters

This was my second story time and I felt so much more prepared than I was the first time.  Again one of my coworkers had preset up a craft for me.  She printed some monster clip art, cut the middle out of a paper plate and had the children glue their monster pictures to the paper plates.  We then punched holes in the top of the paper plates and thread yarn through so that the kids could hang them as mobiles or wreaths.

Again I selected books that went with the preselected craft. I chose:

My Monster Mama Loves Me So by Laura Leuck

If You're A Monster and You Know It by Ed Emberley (I had the kids pretend to be monsters and treated it like the song, they really seemed to enjoy it.)

The Monster at the End of This Book by Jon Stone 

Leonardo the Terrible Monster by Mo Willems

In addition to the Hokey Pokey I changed the Five Little Monkeys song to Five Little Monsters with some fabulous monster finger puppets made by my friend Anne from mymonsterhat.  When I described what I wanted to do she shipped out for me specifically for this story time.  The kids loved them!


This felt much more successful than my first story time.  I also had a lot more fun than I did for my first story time, which I can only hope means the kids were having fun too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment