Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Goose Girl by Shannon Hale

This is a very strong retelling of the traditional fairy tale. It takes a while to get into this book though. Initially Ani is such a weak person (not a weak character but a weak person, there is a difference) that it was very difficult for me to really care about her. How could I care about her if she wasn't willing to take better care of herself (i.e. care about herself)?

However as she starts to grow and change I really came to like her and enjoy her tale. When she allowed herself to explore her abilities and make friends with her fellow workers. I also love that the things that her family thought made her weak, are what really made her strong. There are alot of other things I loved but I am afraid that I will start giving things away (I may have already given things away).

On a side note I am totally psyched that the next book is about Enna cause I really loved her as a character.

1 comment: