Friday, October 26, 2012

Audiobooks

Now that I am working so much more (3 part time jobs), I spend a lot more time driving too and from work. When I got my new car with a cd player in it the one radio station that played music I actually liked had recently died and I had misplaced my ipod.  A few years ago I had done audiobooks but I had a hard time with them on my ipod.  This time I decided to check a couple out of the library.  I realized that when I listen to audiobooks I seem to get less anxious when I am stuck in traffic so I have decided to make good use of this time.

Since I started listening to audiobooks again I have listened to 20 books.  Sometimes I'll do a whole series and other times I'll do just one.  Unlike when I read paper books I don't seem to feel obligated to listen to entire audiobook until it's done (although I do sometimes decide to go back to somethings on paper).  I guess because the traffic is already making me miserable and I don't want to add to it.

I've listened to children's, YA and adult books and all different genres.  I float back and forth between things I want to reread but don't have time to and things I've been meaning to read but don't have time to.  There have definitely been times when I have sat in the car waiting to hear whodunnit, or the main characters great epiphany or even about a great first moment.

I am so glad I decided to give this another shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment