Saturday, January 8, 2011

Off the Shelf Reading Challenges

So once again I find myself having to move and my fiance and I are realizing that we have a lot of stuff. So I have once again returned all my library books and I am once again trying to read off the shelves. I did a challenge like this one last year and I was only trying to read 30 books which was 10 more then the previous year and I bombed miserably. This year things have got to go, so I went looking for a challenge and found Book Ardour's Reading Challenges where she is hosting the Off the Shelf Challenge. You don't have to do anything with the books after you read them, the point of the challenge is just to read, but since I already have too much whatever I read that I am not head over heels in love with will get donated to my local library.

Since I am really trying to only read off my shelf for at least the next month and a half I am going to go for On a Role which is 50 books. (I know this seems silly what with last years fail, but I have four book cases worth of books and my friends are going to kill me if I don't do something about my problem, most likely sometime around loading it all into the moving truck.) Of course I'm moving in the middle of February and I don't see myself reading 50 books between now and then I figure with the added boost by reading as much off the shelf as possible now I can do 50 books by then but at least this big push in the beginning will be a good start.

2. Red Spikes by Margo Lanagan
3. Will Grayson Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
4. Dream Life by Lauren Mechling
5. Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King
6. Just Ella by Margaret Peterson Haddix
7. The Mermaid's Madness by Jim C. Hines
8. Devoured by Amanda Marrone
9. Honest Illusions by Nora Roberts
11. The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley
12. Secret Society by Tom Dolby
13. The Season by Sarah MacLean
14. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment