Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Honest Illusions by Nora Roberts

Luke is just a kid when he runs away from a home where he is regularly beaten by his stepfather. At a traveling carnival he meets Max a master magician who takes him in and raises him with her daughter, bringing him into all the family businesses (not only are they master magicians, they are also thieves.) Max's daughter Roxy grows up with Luke and over time they fall in love. Then their past catches up with them and they are separated for years.

I liked watching Luke and Roxy grow up, but this is another one that I had a hard time getting into. Nora Roberts books tend to be on the lighter side and sometimes I just feel like I need to be in the mood for them and right now I guess I'm just not.

You get to see Luke and Roxy from the point of view of so many different characters. I really liked the whole family. It was interesting to see how they related magic and thievery and some of this reminded me of a girly Ocean's 11, 12 and 13. Sometimes I wasn't a big fan of Roxy. I understand that she didn't know there were good explanations for things that Luke did but come on, give a guy a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment