Monday, May 2, 2011

March & April in Review

So I've been really really really bad about posting these last two months and at the end of March I didn't even have time to do a review post, so I'm catching up on that now and hopefully I'll be back to posting more then once a week soon.

I knew derby was going to kill me and it definitely did. The league I belong to isn't bouting over July and August because the place where we play gets dangerously hot, so we stacked them a little bit now and in the fall. This means that we've had tons of meetings, trainings and more bouts then usual.

Challenge-wise I haven't done so great either. I had put a bunch of library books on reserve a looooong time ago and didn't realize that they were all being released at more or less the same time so they all came at once and I was just killing myself trying to read them and get them returned sort of, almost, not really even close to on time. (I still have two left to be quite honest.) There were a few things I read just cause the teens kept asking me if I had read them so I kind of figured I better get my butt in gear and read them. Hence my off the shelf challenge and my printz honor/award challenge are a little bit behind right now. My YA historical fiction challenge on the other hand is almost done so YAY.

I also want to mention that for the first time ever I won a book from another blogger. I'm so excited, cause I used to feel that I was the kind of person who never won anything but I've been really lucky lately. I won a copy of Lost and Found: Three by Sean Tan from Presenting Lenore. Hopefully I can review it soon.

Here's this month's books and where they came from, everything is linked to goodreads so you can add it to your to be read list. Some reviews are forthcoming:

March
1. Jane Goes Batty by Thomas Michael Ford (library book)
2. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson (off the shelf, signed Christmas present from my boss, Printz award)
3. The Firefly Letters by Margarita Engle (library book, Pura Belpre award winner)
4. Strings Attached by Judy Blundell (brought it back from ALA Midwinter conference for me)
5. A Discover of Witches by Deborah Harkness (borrowed from a friend who insisted I read it and I'm glad I did)
6. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (library book)
7. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (library book)
8. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan (library book)
9. Al Capone Shines my Shoes by Gennifer Choldenko (library book, read for work)
10. I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore (library book)
11. The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen (library book)
12. Gregor the Overlander by Suzanne Collins (library book, read for work)

April
1. The Red Blazer Girls: The Ring of Rocamadour by Michael D. Bell (library book, read for work)
2. Sleeping Freshman Never Lie by David Lubar (library book, read for work)
3. Abduction! by Peg Kehret (library book, read for work)
4. Stolen: A Letter to my Captor by Lucy Christopher (library book, Printz honor book)
5. Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins (library book)
6. Steel by Carrie Vaughn (library book)
7. Beautiful City of the Dead by Leander Watts (library book)
8. Red Glove by Holly Black (library book)
9. After the Golden Age by Carrie Vaughn (library book)

Hopefully I'll do better this month. What did you read in March & April?

No comments:

Post a Comment