Wednesday, March 2, 2011

February in Review

So I didn't get much reading done this month because I was trying to get our new place unpacked. I think I'm doing pretty good. I've got about 5 boxes left and a couple of bags that need to be sorted through.

Also the roller derby season started up again this month, so I'm going to start getting super busy with that. I am a nonskating official (the easiest way to explain the job is to say that I work with the refs keeping track of points and penalties) with the local women's flat track derby league. I will also occasionally go help the local mens league out. If you haven't got a clue what I'm talking about check this out and hit up Derby News Network and WFTDA. Hopefully those help.

Challenge-wise I think I still did pretty good this month. I read two Printz Award/Honor books and four YA historical fiction books. Four of the books also went towards my off the shelf challenge. Not bad considering I only read eight books total this month.

Here's this month's books and where they came from, everything is linked to goodreads so you can add it to your to be read list. There is one old review I put up this month because I was reading the sequel so that wont appear on the list, and some reviews are forthcoming:

1. Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves (off my book shelf, bought from Barnes and Nobles with a gift card the week after Christmas)
2. Secret Society by Tom Dolby (off my book shelf, got it at an SCLA meeting last November)
3. Click by Nick Hornby, et al. (from the library, I just thought the concept was so cool I had to read it)
4. A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly (from the library, Printz Honor book, so part of my challenge)
5. The Season by Sarah MacLean (off my shelf, brought for me from an SCLA meeting by one of the lovely library ladies I work with)
6. Revolver by Marcus Sedgwick (from the library, one of this years Prints Honor Books)
7. Vixen by Jillian Larkin (off my shelf, an arc given to me last year by one of the lovely library ladies I work with)
8. The Vespertine by Saundra Mitchell (e-book from Netgalley books, for review)

No comments:

Post a Comment