Tuesday, February 1, 2011

January in Review

January has been kicking my butt so far this year on a personal level, especially these last two weeks, so I'm hoping that February will mellow out a little. I've started packing (moving in two weeks, yay), been sick, had various car issues with multiple cars (it's giving me a complex) and all this snow has me wondering how exactly I'm going to get my furniture out of my apartment.

Reading wise January has been a great month I think. So far this year I think I'm doing a pretty good job sticking to my goals and I'm super excited. I've read 20 books this month and half of them were from my book shelf. (Last year I read 10 books off my bookshelf for the entire year so this is hopefully on it's way to a huge improvement, since it's the end of January and I've already gotten that.)

I've also read one book so far for the YA historical fiction challenge and one book for my self mandated Printz Award challenge.

Here's a list of what I've read this month and where it came from, everything is linked to goodreads so you can add it to your to be read shelf. Some of the reviews are forthcoming and some I wont post because they are from before I decided to get back on track with my blog. I am hoping that this year I wont get overwhelmed by summer reading and stop posting in June, if so it might be time to stop:

1. Birds of Prey Vol. 12: Platinum Flats by Tony Bedard (library book)
2.Changeless (The Parasol Protectorate 2) by Gail Cariger (library book, recommended by my boss)
3. Blameless (The Parasol Protectorate 3) by Gail Cariger (library book, recommended by my boss)
4. Discord's Apple by Carrie Vaughn (library book, Read a review on Steph Su Reads and decided I needed to read it)
5. Heat Wave by Richard Castle (audiobook, library, watch the show so I wanted to see how the book was)
6. The Stolen One by Suzanne Crowley (off my shelf, think I got this from someone at work)
7. Red Spikes by Margo Lanagan (off my shelf, I think I also got this from someone at work)
8. Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan (off my shelf, my director brought this back for me from ALA last year, I should not have waited so long to read it)
9. Dream Life by Lauren Mechling (off my shelf, another mysterious one from work)
10. Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King (off my shelf, got at an SCLA training in November)
11. Just Ella by Margaret Peterson Haddix (off my shelf, bought at library book sale last year)
12. The Mermaid's Madness (Princess #2) by Jim C. Hines (off my shelf, bought at Barnes and Noble don't want to admit to how long I let this languish on the shelf)
13. Devoured by Amanda Marrone (off my shelf, got at an SCLA training in November)
14. Insatiable by Meg Cabot (library book)
15. Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder (library book)
16. Honest Illusions by Nora Roberts (off the shelf, bought at the Strand last April)
17. Julie and Julia: My Year of Cooking Dangerously by Julie Powell(off the shelf, bought while the movie was still in theaters...)
18. The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley (off the shelf, bought at library book sale)
19. Out for Blood by Alexyndra Harvey (library book)
20. Outside In by Maria V. Snyder (e-book from netgalley books, for review)

No comments:

Post a Comment