Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Years Resolutions

Normally I never do New Years Resolutions, partially cause in the past few years I have been working and going to school and my goal was to survive that without going completely insane. I did set one goal for myself and that was to keep track of how much I read, which I did using GoodReads. I found out that I read over 500 books this year and that more then half of that was graphic novels/manga and that I read barely any nonfiction. I also finally convinced myself that it is okay to stop reading a book if I wasn't enjoying it.

This year I have my degree and I saw that Bookworming in the 21st Century and GreenBeanTeenQueen posted her resolutions and I thought that might be an interesting way to keep track of my resolutions.

1. Blog Goals
a. I want to get more involved in the blogging community.
b. Decide whether to add book reviews or not.
c. Post once a week.
d. Improve my blogging skills so that my blog feels more personalized, no offense intended to blogger I just want to improve.

2. Reading goals
a. Read more nonfiction.
b. Read the stuff I own and try not to have more library books out then I can handle.

3. Life stuff
a. Keep improving my skating (and maybe lose a little weight in the process).
b. Be more assertive.
c. Move into my own place. (I hope, I hope, I hope.)

Well those are my goals for the year, I will keep my fingers crossed. Feel free to post your own in the comments and have a Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment